Wandering in the Souk
A top-down seamless cardigan with cables and lace motif around the yoke.
Design and construction:
- Top-down, seamless cardigan.
- Round yoke sweater.
- Cable and lace motif around yoke.
- Work cardigan back and forth in rows.
- Short rows below yoke to enhance the roundness of yoke.
- Length of body and sleeves can be modified easily. Continue sleeves in rounds.
- Pick up stitches along fronts for button bands.
- Only sewing is sewing on the buttons.
- 10 sizes available, 30 (33, 36, 39, 42, 45, 48, 51, 54, 56) based on finished garment chest measurements in inches
- Make increase - m1.
- Make decreases - ssk, k2tog, p2tog,
- Make cables.
- Work with yo (yarn over) for lace. Work short rows.
- DK weight yarn - 940 (1020, 1090, 1160, 1250, 1370, 1470, 1550, 1620, 1720) yards.
- 840 (935, 995, 1060, 1145, 1255, 1345, 1420, 1480, 1570) meters.
- One Chart.
- Written instruction for chart is also included.
Schematics: included in pattern.
Optional Modifications included in the pattern:
- Tighter neckline
- Higher back of neck during short row section. (see bottom photo of the gray sweater done by test knitter Mona)
Pattern tech edited by Judy Katheler