When The Flowers Bloom
ETA 22 August 2014: When The Flowers Bloom Kit (PDF Pattern + Yarn(s) + Beads + FREE shipping worldwide) is available to buy on my etsy store
In the springtime, when the flowers bloom.
I’ll pick a dozen roses.
I’ll just hand them to you.
We can walk through sunshine,
but we sure enjoy the rain …….
When The Flowers Bloom is a half-circle shaped shawl worked from the bottom up. The pattern is worked both wrong and right side but it is easy enough to memorize and knit.
Pattern includes charts and row by row written directions. If you would like to add beads to your shawl, instructions are included on where to place the beads (you need 2 sizes beads).
Suggested yarn and yardage needed:
400 (825, 1670) yard / 365 (755, 1525) meter fingering weight yarn.
For small size shawl, I used Rendezvous Silky Temptation (440 yd / 400 m per 100 g skein; 50% Superwash Merino, 50% Silk) in Simply Blue colorway - 1 skein.
For medium size shawl, I used Rendezvous Silky Temptation (440 yd/ 400 m per 100 g skein; 50% Superwash Merino, 50% Silk) in Cobalt colorway - 2 skeins.
Finished Sizes (in blocking board):
Wingspan: 112 (136, 160) cm / 44.1” (53.5, 63)”
Depth: 50 (62, 74) cm / 19.7 (24.4, 29.1)”
Size 4 US / 3.5 mm circular needle, 24” / 60 cm long
Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain correct gauge.
Tapestry needle, blocking pins, size 16 US / 0.60 mm crochet hook for beads (optional), stitch markers, 160 (320, 640) size 6/0 and 266 (619,1324) size 8/0 glass seed beads (optional).
The Mystery KAL is divided into 6 Clues published every Thursday starting on February 20.
1st clue: February, 20
2nd clue: February, 27
3rd clue: March, 6
4th clue: March, 13
5th clue: March, 20
6th clue: March, 27
To participate into The “When The Flowers Bloom” Mystery KAL, there are 2 options:
You can buy the “When The Flowers Bloom” kit from my etsy store. The kit includes hand-dyed yarn Rendezvous Silky Temptation, clues, beads (optional) and shipping to anywhere in the world.
There are 13 kits available:
1. Yarn + Clues (without beads). You can choose the color and the quantity.
- Yarn + Clues + Beads in Simply Blue/Obsession/Steel colorway; 1 skein kit
- Yarn + Clues + Beads in Simply Blue/Obsession/Steel colorway; 2 skeins kit.
- Yarn + Clues + Beads in Sofia/Cobalt colorway; 1 skein kit
- Yarn + Clues + Beads in Sofia/Cobalt colorway; 2 skeins kit
- Yarn + Clues + Beads in Emerald colorway; 1 skein kit.
- Yarn + Clues + Beads in Emerald colorway; 2 skeins kit.
- Yarn + Clues + Beads in Whisper colorway; 1 skein kit.
- Yarn + Clues + Beads in Whisper colorway; 2 skeins kit.
- Yarn + Clues + Beads in Dusty Coral colorway; 1 skein kit.
- Yarn + Clues + Beads in Dusty Coral colorway; 2 skeins kit.
- Yarn + Clues + Beads in Buttercup colorway; 1 skein kit.
- Yarn + Clues + Beads in Buttercup colorway; 2 skeins kit. Note:
- The yarn for this kit is different from the previous “Fox and The Grapes” kit or from my detash page, although it has the same fiber content and color.
- If you want to make the Large size, you need to buy 2 pcs of Medium size.
- The kits with the beads are in limited quantity, once sold out, it’s gone.
- I listed ChiaoGoo Bamboo Hook size 16 US / 0.60 mm in my etsy store. I am using this size to insert both size 6 & 8 beads (in case you are having difficulty to buy this size hook in your area).
For bigger yarn photos, click here.
Payment by Paypal, no accounts required. Credit cards accepted. The pattern will be sent to you via Ravelry and the yarn will be sent to your address (please make sure to update your shipping address in Paypal). Please allow 10 - 21 days to reach your hand.
Latest date to order: January 20, 2014.
Link to my etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/lprajogo?section_id=10883130
You can buy the clues only for USD 4,-
Payment by Paypal and delivery by Ravelry, no accounts required. Credit cards accepted.
Latest date to order: February 20, 2014
- Once you bought the clues or the yarn, you’ll receive a notification every time a new clue is uploaded. - You also need to sign up here.
- On your Ravelry Project Page: Click photo, then choose slurp from web, copy and paste this link: http://images4.ravelry.com/uploads/lprajogo/204330440/Whe...
At the end of the KAL, the participants will receive a copy of the complete pattern at no additional cost. After February 20, 2014 the pattern will be released with a full price USD 6,- Pattern is protected by copyright, so participants in the KAL are required to not distribute copies of the clues or copies of the whole pattern.
Info about the yarn for the kit:
Fibers: 50% Superwash Merino/50% Silk
Yardage/Weight: approx. 440 yds / 100g
Hand Wash/lay flat to dry using bleach-free detergent.
May bleed slightly upon first wash.