Heart on Fire
And I won’t let you go,
Now you know,
I’ve been crazy for you all this time.
I’ve kept it close
With a heart on fire
Heart on Fire is a crescent shaped shawl with patterning on both the right and wrong sides but it is easy enough to memorize and knit. Pattern includes charts and row by row written directions. If you would like to add beads to your shawl, instructions are included on where to place the beads.
Suggested yarn: Rendezvous Pleasure
Yardage needed: See Table
For small size shawl I used Rendezvous Pleasure (400 yd / 365 m per 50 g skein; 55% Cashmere, 45% Silk) in Precious colorway - 1 skein.
For medium size shawl I used Rendezvous Pleasure (400 yd/ 365 m per 50 g skein; 55% Cashmere, 45% Silk) in Rust colorway - 2 skeins.
Finished Sizes (in blocking board): See Table
Weight: At least 24” / 60 cm long circular needles size 3.5 mm (US 4).
Notions: Tapestry needle, blocking pins, size 16 US / 0.60 mm steel crochet hook for beads (optional), stitch markers, removable stitch markers/scrap yarn, size 8/0 glass seed beads for lace weight yarn or size 6/0 glass seed beads for fingering weight yarn (optional) see table for quantity.
The Mystery KAL is divided into 4 Clues published every Thursday starting on July 24.
1st clue: July, 24
2nd clue: August, 7
3rd clue: August, 14
4th clue: August, 21
To participate into The “Heart on Fire” Mystery KAL, there are 3 options:
You can buy the “Heart on Fire” kit from my Etsy store. The kit includes hand-dyed yarn Rendezvous Pleasure, clues, beads and 1 or 2 strand(s) dental floss (optional) and FREE shipping to anywhere in the world.
There are 17 kits available.
- The kits with the beads are in limited quantity, once sold out, it’s gone.
- Payment by Paypal, no accounts required. Credit cards accepted. The pattern will be sent to you via Ravelry and the yarn will be sent to your address (please make sure to update your shipping address in Paypal). Please allow 10 - 21 days to reach your hand.
- Latest date to order: June 20, 2014.
- Link to my etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/lprajogo?section_id=10883130
Buy 2 skeins of any yarns in my Etsy shop, you will get the pattern for free.
Latest date to order: 21 August 2014
You can buy the clues only for USD 5,- or the e-book for USD 15,-
Payment by Paypal and delivery by Ravelry, no accounts required. Credit cards accepted.
Latest date to order: July 24, 2014
Note: If you bought When the Flowers Bloom in the past, you will automatically get a USD 4 discount if you buy the e-book.
- Once you bought the clues or the yarn, you’ll receive a notification every time a new clue is uploaded.
- You also need to sign up here.
- On your Ravelry Project Page: Click photo, then choose slurp from web, copy and paste this link: http://images4-d.ravelrycache.com/uploads/lprajogo/233508...
At the end of the KAL, the participants will receive a copy of the complete pattern at no additional cost. Pattern is protected by copyright, so participants in the KAL are required to not distribute copies of the clues or copies of the whole pattern.
Info about the yarn for the kit:
Fibers: 55% Cashmere/45% Silk
Yardage/Weight: approx. 400 yds / 50g
Hand Wash/lay flat to dry using bleach-free detergent.
May bleed slightly upon first wash.