ETA: knitCompanion set-ups can be purchased (in the knitCompanion store) for those who like to use knitCompanion, but do not wish to set up their own charts.
Lighting Thief is a crescent shawl worked from the top down without short rows. The patterning is only on the right side with rest row on the wrong side. This is an easy pattern to memorize, interesting to knit with stunning result. Perfect pattern to relax after the Christmas and New Year hectic preparation.
Pattern includes charts and row by row written directions. If you would like to add beads to your shawl, instructions are included on where to place the beads.
Technical Editor: Chaitanya Muralidhara
Suggested yarn and yardage needed
S (M, L, XL, XXL):
Rendezvous Everlasting 330 (515, 780, 1095, 1480) yard / 300 (470, 715, 1000, 1350) meter fingering weight yarn.
For medium size shawl I used Rendezvous Everlasting (600 yd / 550 m per 150 g skein; 80% Superwash Merino, 20% Silk) in Woodland colorway - 1 skein.
Finished Sizes (in blocking board):
Wingspan: 123 (150, 177, 204, 231) cm / 48.4 (59.1, 69.7, 80.3, 90.9)”
Depth: 50.5 (64, 77.5, 91, 104.5) cm / 19.9 (25.2, 30.5, 35.8, 41.1)”
Size 5 US / 3.75 mm circular needle, at least 24” / 60 cm long
Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain correct gauge.
Notions: Tapestry needle, blocking pins, size 16 US / 0.60 mm steel crochet hook for beads (optional), stitch markers, 324 (468, 624, 780, 936) size 6/0 and 660 (1242,1992, 2910, 3996) size 8/0 glass seed beads (optional).
The Mystery KAL is divided into 4 Clues published every Thursday starting on January 8th, 2015.
1st clue: January 8th
2nd clue: January 15th
3rd clue: January 29th
4th clue: February 5th
To participate into “Lightning Thief” Mystery KAL, there are 3 options:
You can buy “Lightning Thief” kit from my Etsy store. The kit includes hand-dyed yarn Rendezvous Everlasting, clues, size 6 and 8 beads (optional) and 2 or 4 strands of dental floss (if you opt with the beads) and FREE shipping to anywhere in the world.
- The kits are in limited quantity, once sold out, it’s gone.
- For bigger yarn photos, click here.
- Payment by Paypal, no accounts required. Credit cards accepted. The pattern will be sent to you via Ravelry and the yarn will be sent to your address (please make sure to update your shipping address in Paypal). Please allow 10 - 21 days to reach your hand.
- Latest date to order: November 16th, 2014.
- Refund USD 3, if you have the Shawl Collection to Knit 3.
- Link to my Etsy store
Buy 2 skeins of any yarns in my Etsy shop, you will get the pattern for FREE.
Latest date to order: November 16th, 2014.
You can buy the clues only for USD 5,- or the e-book for USD 15,- Payment by Paypal and delivery by Ravelry, no accounts required. Credit cards accepted.
- Once you bought the e-book, clues or the kit, you’ll receive a notification every time a new clue is uploaded.
- You also need to sign up here, and check from time to time for tips, additional information or revision.
- On your Ravelry Project Page: Click photo, then choose slurp from web, copy and paste this link: http://images4-d.ravelrycache.com/uploads/lprajogo/258184...
At the end of the KAL, the participants will receive a copy of the complete pattern at no additional cost. Pattern is protected by copyright, so participants in the KAL are required to not distribute copies of the clues or copies of the whole pattern.
Info about the yarn for the kit:
Fibers: 80% Superwash Merino/20% Silk
Yardage/Weight: approx. 550 m / 600 yards / 150g
Hand Wash/lay flat to dry using bleach-free detergent.
May bleed slightly upon first wash.