With All My Love Scarf
This is the best type of reversible scarf--there are 2 different patterns, one on one side and one on the other. It is also very simple to execute, since the entire pattern is just 4 rows.
I love everything about it:
- Texture feels like cables, but slipped stitches are much easier
- It lays completely flat, no blocking required
- I love both sides, the “back” has a really pretty interesting design that just forms on its own
- It is perfect with very very soft cashmere, since it adds density to it
- Could make a wonderful cowl too, with a provisional cast on or just by seaming the 2 ends.
Sometimes the easiest patterns can be the most fun. If you are bored with stockinette or garter stitch, and want something reversible that will keep your interest while knitting, this pattern is for you.
Special stitches used: s2wyif: slip 2 sts with yarn in front and s2wyib: slip 2 sts with yarn in back.
You will need 2 different colors of the same yarn, and will be working 2 rows with 1 color then 2 rows with the other color throughout, so the yarns are never cut from beginning to end.