Young at Heart Hat
Perfect to knit for the young ones and in a size range to fit the young at heart as well! This cheerful hat is easy to knit using alternating color stripes with simple slip stitches forming the design, always working with only one color at a time. The hat is worked circularly from the brim up. The heart loop topper is sewn on separately. It is knit back and forth and has a crocheted chain. Knit one for someone you love!
The pattern consists of four pages. The directions for working the heart design are given in both charted and written form. It is suitable for a knitter who is comfortable working in the round on circular and double pointed needles. As with all my patterns, it has been test knit and professionally tech edited to be clear and free of errors.
Finished measurements: Approximate circumference: 16 (18, 20, 22) in/ 40.5 (45.5, 50.5, 56) cm.
Approximate length to top of crown: 6 1/2 (7 1/4, 8 1/4, 9 1/4) in/ 16.5 (18.5, 21, 23.5) cm.
What you need:
- 3/4 (1, 1 1/4, 1 1/2) oz/ 21.25 (28.5, 35.5, 42.5) g, approx. 60 (70, 88, 105) yds/ 54 (63, 79, 95) m of light worsted weight yarn in main color. Sample shown used Valley Yarns Northampton as the red.
- 3/4 (1, 1 1/4, 1 1/2) oz/ 21.25 (28.5, 35.5, 42.5) g, approx. 60 (70, 88, 105) yds/ 54 (63, 79, 95) m of light worsted weight yarn in contrasting color. Sample shown used Ella Rae Classic as the pink.
- 16 in/ 40cm circular needle in size required to obtain gauge. I used a US#5/ 3.75mm. You may need a size or 2 larger or smaller.
- 1 set of dpns to match size of circular needle.
- US size F/ 3.75mm crochet hook
- one stitch marker
- large eyed tapestry needle