I finished (or thought I finished) this sweater in March 2015. When I went to sew it up, I discovered that the sleeve caps did not fit the arm holes, no matter how much I fussed with it. (picture second from the bottom that demonstrates how badly I was off)
In frustration, it went into the bottom of the basket.
Claire asked about it, so I put on my big girl panties and ripped out the sleeve caps and reknit this week.
Rather than increasing at the rate the pattern suggested, I increased on rows one and row three, then knit plain for row five. This provided a fifty percent increase in the length of the sleeve cap - making up the TWO INCHES I was short. It resulted in a perfect fit.
Seamed today, ends woven in, and buttons attached. This will go in the mail to college in the morning.
With any luck, she’ll send me back a picture of her in the sweater. She was very excited to hear it’s finally finished.
3.17.15 - the perils of knitting and reading at the same time : I thought I knew the pattern and went WAY beyond where I should have. Now I’ll ravel it back. (see the last photo)
1.11.15 - sleeves are done. Sleeves make great gauge swatches. I added a few inches to the cuffs to make thumb holes.
1.1.15 - cast on
11.29.14 - yarn ordered from Webs. It is currently backordered.
Claire actually asked for this one.