An afghan for Grandma! (and a way to use up that yarn that I didn’t end up using for quidditch…)
Yes, I know I’m using different weights of yarn… it’s a stashbuster, and an afghan, OK? I have all the yarns laid out so that it’ll work…
1/2/10 - Did the first three rounds tonight, so that way I wouldn’t get stuck in the middle of class…
2/2/10 - Finished the ity-bity ball of 1lb that was left over after ball-winding the massive skein. I experimented with the backjoin for the color-change, and I must say I love it!
28oz yarn total; 7oz per 25%; 1.4oz per 5%
I feel bad. I started this three days ago and I’m already designated it to hibernation. Two reasons: I have re-evaluated my knitting schedule, and in order to get my shawls done, I need to sacrifice projects. This and Bayerische were sacrifices. I’ll pick them up again post-shawls. Other reason: it might get too big to use the homespun, the whole reason for the potions designation.
25/2/10 - It has been brought out from hibernation! And will now be done ASAP.
26/2/10 - Finished the second part of light blue - 10oz eated.
27/2/10 - Finished the second/last dark blue section - 14oz eated
1/3/10 - Huzzah! WIP assignment for Charms! Hooray! 18 oz eated.
3/3/10 - Finished the last light blue section - 22 oz eated.
6/3/10- Finished the homespun border! Not as bad crocheting with homespun, but had to go s.l.o.w. Only used 60% of the ball, but that was one round, so it wasn’t going to make it around again. I’ll make fuzzy socks or something out of the rest. Just needs to be washed an then it’s on it’s way to Petoskey!