KnittingAmyK's projects
Silk and Merino Cardi <3

KnittingAmyK > notebook > projects > Silk and Merino Cardi <3

Finished
May 10 2012
May 21 2012
Project info
Silk and Merino Cardi <3
Mayim by Alexandra Virgiel
Knitting
Me
35 inch bust
Needles & yarn
US 7 - 4.5 mm
Knit Picks Gloss DK
135 yards in stash
6.9 skeins = 848.7 yards (776.1 meters), 345 grams
Blue-green
Notes

On bottom decrease section, I decreased every 12th row (always on the row that corresponded with a row 1 of the lace pattern). After the final decrease, I knit as written. However, because of the added length in the initial section, I knit until it measured 14 inches.

Arm mods: I didn’t want to knit the arms separately, so I knit across the right from panel, provisionally cast on(using waste yarn) the number of stitches for the right arm (placing underarm stitches on waste yarn as well), knit across the back panel, provisionally cast on (using waste yarn) the number of stitches for the left arm (placing underarm stitches on waste yarn as well), then knit across the left panel. I then continued with the directions for the Yoke and the Collar.

After completing this, I returned to the arms and knit two at a time by picking up the provisional cast on and underarm stitches on each side. I knit my arms for a total of 19 inches, including 6 rows of the lace panel the 7 row seed stitch cuff.

After blocking this was HUGE in the neck. Like couldn’t keep it on my shoulders huge. (The picture was pre-blocking). So I ended up snipping off the buttons and overlapping the lace panel on the top then sewing the buttons there instead I also included a small button on the inner flap so that I could secure that piece too. I actually like it even more now!

viewed 355 times | helped 5 people
Finished
May 10 2012
May 21 2012
 
About this pattern
KnittingAmyK's star rating
KnittingAmyK's difficulty rating
28 projects, in 215 queues
About this yarn
by Knit Picks
DK
70% Merino, 30% Silk
123 yards / 50 grams
KnittingAmyK's star rating

6086 projects

stashed 5253 times

  • Originally queued: October 6, 2011
  • Project created: May 3, 2012
  • Finished: May 22, 2012
  • Updated: May 24, 2012
  • Progress updates: 4 updates