MicheleStitches' projects
Magrathea
Finished
April 6 2011
May 19 2011
Project info
Magrathea
Magrathea by Martina Behm
Knitting
Me!
Needles & yarn
US 6 - 4.0 mm
Cascade Yarns ® Heritage Paints
437 yards in stash
1 skein = 437.0 yards (399.6 meters), 100 grams
2258
Blue
Weaver’s Webb in New Bern, North Carolina
October 30, 2010
Notes

--Cast on while flying to Camp KIP. I had a little trouble wrapping my brain around it at first. I don’t know if it was the fact that I was so distracted by being on my way to/at Camp KIP or if it was just my thick headed self! Did a lot of knitting and ripping back in the beginning, but once I got the hand of how the pattern worked it went smoothly (after I got back home, of course!)

HINTS:

--On the Set-up Chart I had wrote the following:

odd = right side = rt. to lft.
even = wrong side = lft. to rt.

I had also penned in arrows at the beginning of the odd rows to remind me that I should be reading those rows right to left. I think I was stumbling over that at first because I have had some patterns where the chart starts on the same side for every row, no matter which side of your knitting you are on.

--Another thing I did that really helped me is that on the Body Chart I figured out how many stitches there should be after the marker on the odd rows. Then I penned that number in at the end of each odd row. I would count at the end of each odd row to make sure I hadn’t missed something. The count is as follows:

1: 26
3: 28
5: 29
7: 24

FINISHED!!

--Only had 5 yards of yarn left over! That was cutting it close!

--Wore this to Carolina Fiber Fest and I got LOTS of compliments and questions.

viewed 624 times | helped 16 people
Finished
April 6 2011
May 19 2011
 
About this pattern
2631 projects, in 2580 queues
MicheleStitches' overall rating
MicheleStitches' clarity rating
MicheleStitches' difficulty rating
About this yarn
by Cascade Yarns ®
Fingering
75% Merino, 25% Nylon
437 yards / 100 grams

13109 projects

stashed 10875 times

MicheleStitches' star rating
  • Originally queued: April 3, 2011
  • Project created: April 15, 2011
  • Finished: May 22, 2011
  • Updated: September 20, 2011