NarcissaM > notebook > projects > Paper Daleks

Project info
Paper Daleks
Paper Dolls by Kate Davies
Knitting
Me!
6
Needle and yarn
US 4 - 3.5 mm
US 6 - 4.0 mm
Knit Picks Palette
924 yards in stash
681.5 yards, 147 grams 2.95 skeins = 681.5 yards (623.1m)
Blue
Knit Picks Palette
462 yards in stash
115.5 yards, 25 grams 0.5 skeins = 115.5 yards (105.6m)
Brown
Knit Picks Palette
231 yards in stash
6.9 yards, 1 gram 0.03 skeins = 6.9 yards (6.3m)
Natural/Undyed
Knit Picks Palette
231 yards in stash
30 yards, 6 grams 0.13 skeins = 30.0 yards (27.5m)
Knit Picks Palette
462 yards in stash
161.7 yards, 35 grams 0.7 skeins = 161.7 yards (147.9m)
Doe
Brown
Knit Picks Palette
231 yards in stash
4.6 yards, 1 gram 0.02 skeins = 4.6 yards (4.2m)
Jay
Knit Picks Palette
231 yards in stash
2.3 yards, 0 grams 0.01 skeins = 2.3 yards (2.1m)
Knit Picks Palette
231 yards in stash
2.3 yards, 0 grams 0.01 skeins = 2.3 yards (2.1m)
Knit Picks Palette
462 yards in stash
6.9 yards, 1 gram 0.03 skeins = 6.9 yards (6.3m)
Gray
Knit Picks Palette
231 yards in stash
13.9 yards, 3 grams 0.06 skeins = 13.9 yards (12.7m)
Black
Knit Picks Palette
924 yards in stash
0 yards, 0 grams 0 skeins = 0.0 yards (0.0m)
Notes

I’m basically in love with this because the corrugated ribbing reminds me of Ten’s Suit.
I’m planning to somehow change the chart to do a Ten, TARDIS, and Daleks marching around the top. Sometimes I think I have gone mad. I have never made a sweater before, nor done Fair Isle.

For my Paper Daleks:

Main Color: Bluebell
Contrast Color: Bark
Daleks: Doe for body, Black for plunger, Silver for weapon arms, Delta for eye, Oyster Heather for light-y-up-things
TARDIS: Delta for body, Black for top panel, Oyster Heather for light, windows, and sign
Tenth Doctor: Bark for suit and hair, Oyster Heather for skin, Lipstick for shoes, possibly Bluebell for shirt
Rose: Jay for jacket, Fuchsia for shirt, Oyster Heather for skin, Black for pants and shoes, either Custard or Semolina for hair.

2-16-11: I’m slowly working on this, I had it on pause while I was working on my DW scarf. Now that it’s done, I’m going to get back working on this. It’s not my favorite, I get tired of using fingering after a while, so sometimes I need to switch to thicker (DK/worsted) yarn for a little bit.

3-9-11: I’m already in the midst of the increases. Yesterday I found out that the yarn broke. Five rows down. And now I have to fix it. I have an idea how. Thank goodness that it’s on the back!

3-11-11: I buckled down and fixed the hole-- MUCH easier that I thought it would be! And much better, less obvious than I thought!

3-26-11: Has it really been this long?! Anyways, I’m picking this back up, and firmly telling myself that I will not start and garter or all knit stitch items until this darn sweater is finished. Which means postponing my Clockwork. :(

4-1-11: No fooling here, I’ve finished one sleeve and attached, and the second sleeve is done and ready to attach! SO close to the colorwork! SQUEE!

4-2-11: Last night I charted out all my charts with the decreases, and started the colorwork. Turns out that I scaled them WAY too big, the Daleks were 17 stitches across the base. :( Now I have to completely re-chart. Also, I need a skein of Palette in Black for the TARDIS and part of the Daleks.

4-3-11: During my re-charting I added Rose next to the Doctor, and as I need to order Black, I decided to get a few colors for Journey’s End Rose: Jay for her jacket, Fuchsia for her shirt, and either Custard or Semolina for her hair. I think I’ll make Chrysanthemum Mittens with the yellow that I don’t use.

4-8-11: Got the yarn yesterday! I’m going to use the Custard for Rose’s hair. So…. I need to do the colorwork flat. :( I tried it in the round, but the yarn is on the wrong end of the section when I get to it. I increased 1 stitch to use for sewing at the end.

4-19-11: Colorwork takes forever! I’m at row 14 right now, maybe I can have it finished for Series 6 on Saturday? Maybe….

4-27-11: Colorwork is going FANTASTIC! I got in a record 6-1/2 rows in yesterday, and today I got all the ends woven in! Well, nearly all, save a few that are the ends of colors I’m still using.

5-2-11: SO CLOSE! I’m working on the “Exterminate!” part right now, then a few short rows, and corrugated ribbing!

5-4-11: DONE! It’s blocking now. It was mostly done last night, I had just a few more ends to weave in and the underarms to graft. 102 ends in total!

viewed 8981 times | helped 22 people
Finished
December 28 2010
May 4 2011
 
About this pattern
Paper Dolls
by Kate Davies
from Paper Dolls
NarcissaM's star rating
NarcissaM's difficulty rating
936 projects, in 3013 queues
About this yarn
Palette
by Knit Picks
Fingering / 4 ply
100% Wool
231 yards / 50 grams
NarcissaM's star rating
37702 projects, stashed 58209 times
  • Originally queued: December 10, 2010
  • Project created: December 26, 2010
  • Finished: May 4, 2011
  • Updated: January 3, 2014