NettisNadelkunst's projects
Game of Thrones Mystery KAL 2014

NettisNadelkunst > notebook > projects > Game of Thrones Mystery KAL 2014

May 5 2014
August 19 2014
Project info
Game of Thrones Mystery KAL 2014
Stormborn Shawl by Kristen Ashbaugh-Helmreich
210 x 77 cm
Needles & yarn
US 4 - 3.5 mm
Knitting Spiro BFL/Nylon HT
none left in stash
2 skeins = 797.9 yards (729.6 meters), 200 grams
August 9, 2013


Clue one - finished on May 5th
Clue two - finished on May 12th
Clue four - finished on Aug 15th

Easy start, the second clue is quite complicated explained. BUT is very easy to knit.
Just imagine there are 3 axis in the shawl, not only one as in most triangular shawls. Its the same pattern like clue one, but because of the dragon scales laying on top of each other, you have to knit in different rows in chart A and B. I guess you shouldn’t be a beginner if you like to knit this.

Clue three - is kind ‘a long…bit boring, the same pattern over and over, I’m still hanging there (after two weeks of knitting). It seems every row is 100 stitches larger…

Clue four still boring, but I’m getting near the end.

Somewhere somehow I got lost…and lost interest. But in August I picked up the needles again. More than 400 st on the needles and still 2more clues to go.

Clue five is shorter and a bit different, but still predictably easy.

I am very sure, I will never knit this again. This sounds awful, I am sorry! The designer did a good job, its just me. Did not expect to knit the same thing over and over again in a KAL. Hoped for something far more interesting. The shawl looks really pretty, but the knitting wasn’t.

Had to do one row less, because I run out of yarn. To save material I didn’t do the picot but the JSSBO.

viewed 230 times
May 5 2014
August 19 2014
About this pattern
NettisNadelkunst's star rating
NettisNadelkunst's difficulty rating
684 projects, in 418 queues
About this yarn
by Knitting Spiro
Light Fingering
80% Wool, 20% Nylon
399 yards / 100 grams
NettisNadelkunst's star rating

5 projects

stashed 5 times

  • Project created: May 5, 2014
  • Finished: August 19, 2014
  • Updated: January 25, 2018
  • Progress updates: 6 updates