Clue One Using the Grand Street Ink. I was a little disappointed by how dark this was when I bought it, but Susanna said she used an almost black yarn for the test knit, so I’m hoping this will work.
I have three different colours of #8 beads and am going to see if I can figure out the symmetry of the bead pattern as I go along. If not I’ll either knit clues 2 and 3 together or just stick to turquoise beads.
Clue Two Update When the pattern became clearer I swapped out the orange seed beads for larger coral Swarovski pearl beads. I tried to incorporate the copper beads, but they seemed a bit too blingy for what I’m intending to be an ‘everyday’ shawl and not a glitzy evening affair. My plan now is to try and find one more place for the coral beads in the bottom lace section of the shawl, and also try to incorporate them in the lace edging along the top.
Clue Three Update It’s finished and I’m delighted with how the two coloured beads are working. The geometric pattern looks somehow like a Turkish carpet and I think the beads enhance that. There’s some controversy about a ‘jog’ in the pattern. It looks wrong to me but the designer thinks things will adjust themselves when it’s properly blocked. It’s not so noticeable that I’ll undo it, even if it is a mistake.