7/18: It’s done, washed, blocked and.. what’s this, it’s blue outdoors but green inside? The turquoise did NOT bleed during the test swatch, but it did for the FO. I hope this doesn’t affect my giftee’s use for this shawl.
5/27: I’m not sure why I had a setback. I stopped working on this for a few weeks. I recently picked it back up again. I’ve finished the beading rows completely, finished the second vikkel braid, and have begun the eyelet section.
4/16: Just about halfway done with the beading section, and each row has fewer and fewer beads. Yay!
3/30: The ribbing is done! Learning p2togtbl was a bear! Next step: the first vikkel braid.
3/3: Had to do some knitting surgery to repair the after-effects of drinking and knitting.
2/25: Two rows in, and each row seems like an accomplishment.
2/24: Finished swatching and casted on for the larger size (445 stitches.)
2/23: No turquoise beads in 3 local stores. Copper or clear it is! Can’t quite decide. Started swatching.
2/21: The yarn arrived for my project! I’ll get beads this weekend and try to work up a swatch.
This is for my mother-in-law, whose favorite color is turquoise. This is also my first shawl and first large-scale knitting project.