subliminalirony's projects
Ardys

subliminalirony > notebook > projects > Ardys

Finished
December 8 2012
December 30 2012
Project info
Ardys
Ardys by Laura Aylor
Knitting
Grandma H
XL
Needles & yarn
US 10 - 6.0 mm
Berroco Vintage®
4 skeins = 868.0 yards (793.7 meters), 400 grams
1200
Blue
Notes

In the main picture, this vest is on my sister (which is why it’s too big!) Also, the most accurate color of the yarn is in the WIP photos at the end. I apologize for the bad photos; I was in a hurry to get it photographed and wrapped, since I didn’t give it to my grandmother until New Year’s Eve.

Overall, this was an enjoyable project. It’s the first adult-sized clothing item I’ve made. It took longer than I anticipated, but it wasn’t too bad. I’m upset with the way that the sleeves turned out. I ended up picking up more stitches than was recommended (because my row gauge was off), and the sleeves ended up being about nine inches tall. I sort of wish I had done five rows of ribbing on the sleeves as well, since I think that might help the “pulling in” that’s happening (which you can see in the fourth picture).

Also, all of the length measurements were about an inch or two too long. This is mostly because of my row gauge being off (I think), but partly because of how much the yarn stretched.

On that note, I think that this yarn was not a great choice. It’s kind of thin for a worsted weight yarn, so it didn’t behave the way I wanted it to. I think this also led to the vertical stretching (which happened especially while blocking).

I really enjoyed the cable pattern though! I had it memorized within a few repeats and I love the way the cable turned out!

viewed 173 times | helped 1 person
Finished
December 8 2012
December 30 2012
About this pattern
subliminalirony's star rating
subliminalirony's difficulty rating
73 projects, in 260 queues
About this yarn
by Berroco
Worsted
52% Acrylic, 40% Wool, 8% Nylon
217 yards / 100 grams
subliminalirony's star rating

46647 projects

stashed 24660 times

  • Originally queued: November 9, 2012
  • Project created: December 8, 2012
  • Finished: January 2, 2013
  • Updated: August 26, 2013