1/13 The first photo is of the dead spiral. I was simply having too many problems identifying the lifted double increase placement and I dropped back and reknit too many times for the fabric to look good. It may have had something to do with the fact that I kept trying to do this late in the evening as my relaxation knitting. (What part of size 1’s and lace/cobweb weight don’t I understand?). I realized I would not be happy with the final product if the center of the back look messy, so I just clipped the thread and started over. I didn’t think the yard with stand up to frogging.
I figured out how to place markers so as not to interfere with the increase and now I’m off and running. (Place the marker after the first 2 stitches of the 3 stitches in the LDI.) This might be relaxing after all. But given the deadline knitting I have to do that is competing with it, it is going to take a long time.
I finally picked this back up again. It’s going to take a long time to finish with lace weight and size 1’s, but it’s an autopilot knit at this point, so it will be a good project to keep at the ready.