Basic Brioche Hat
PATTERN EXCLUSIVE TO CRAFTSY CLASS:
Pattern is part of the online course, Brioche Knitting Made Easy, by Mercedes Tarasovich. Sign up for 25% off HERE, and learn how to knit brioche!
Get ready to get your brioche in gear! Using basic brioche stitches, you can knit this classic ribbed hat!
NOTES & SUPPLIES
• Finished size: Approximately 16¾” (42 cm)
circumference, 7½” (19 cm) length from hem to
crown. Brioche rib is extremely stretchy, hat will
fit up to a 24” (61 cm) head circumference.
• Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash (100% superwash
wool; 220yds 201m/100g); #1919 Turtle, 1 skein.
• Needles: US size 6 (4mm) 16” circular and double
point needles (dpn). Adjust needle size as needed
to obtain gauge.
• Gauge: 21 sts and 24 rows = 4” (10 cm) in brioche
rib stitch, worked in the round, unstretched.
• Notions: Locking stitch markers, tapestry needle.