Welcome to Italy!
Starting July 1st we will begin our 3rd WPKnits Club Mystery Knit Along for 2016. As we knit our projects, we will virtually tour Italy and learn all about this amazing country’s history, food and people.
Our rectangular wraps will be created from two contrasting colors of fingering weight yarn with lace and optional beads. Pattern includes five different project sizes:
• Small Wrap - 16” tall x 72” long
• Medium Wrap - 27” tall x 72” long
• Large Wrap - 38” tall x 72” long
• Extra Large Wrap/Throw - 49” tall x 72” long
• Ruana shaped poncho - 61” wide x 72” long
Pattern is fully charted and written.
Once again our friends at Stunning String Studio are offering limited “Bella Fresco” MKAL yarn kits including yarn in your choice of over 112 amazing colors, complete with beads, stitch markers and more!
The clues will be spread out over 8 weeks with simple, non-stressful sections released each week. If you’ve never done a Mystery Knit Along before, you are in for a treat. Discovering the mystery along with your fellow knitters is the best.
The MKAL discussions will be in the Wild Prairie Knits group, so come and join us.
This pattern is knitCompanion® supported. What does that mean?
Skills: Each clue will be fully written out and charted. The stitches used are all pretty basic, so it is a relaxing knit, but with lots of detail to keep you interested. Basic knit increases and decreases (yo, k2tog, ssk, slipped stitches) are included, but anything beyond that will be explained in detail as we go along. We will be offering a good introduction to optional beading and a provisional cast on.
Yarn: Stunning String Tranquil or Serenity, 2-8 skeins.
• Small Wrap (16”x72”) 2 skeins (1MC/1CC), or any fingering weight yarn, 800 yds (732 m), 200 g)
• Medium Wrap (27”x72”) 4 skeins (2MC/2CC), or any fingering weight yarn, 1500 yds (1372 m), 400 g)
• Large Wrap (38”x72”) 6 skeins (3MC/3CC), or any fingering weight yarn, 2150 yds (1966 m), 600 g)
• Extra Large Wrap/Throw (49”x72”) 8 skeins (4MC/4CC), or any fingering weight yarn, 2850 yds (2606 m), 800 g)
• Ruana (61” wide x 72” long (total)) 8 skeins (4MC/4CC), or any fingering weight yarn, 3100 yds (2835 m), 800 g)
Recommendations: Pattern was written for contrasting kettle dyed yarns. Each color will have it’s own chance to “shine”.
Needles: US 6 (4.0 mm) 16” - 40” (40-100 cm) circular needle, or size required to obtain gauge.
Other: Stitch Markers
Optional: 6/0 Seed Beads and tool to apply bead: crochet hook, Super Floss or a beading tool. Beads will sit on both MC & CC. Small Wrap: 360, Medium Wrap: 720, Large Wrap: 1080, XL Wrap/Throw: 1440, Ruana: 1620 beads.