Welcome to the Netherlands!
Starting April 1st we will begin our 2nd WPKnits Club Mystery Knit Along for 2016. As we knit our projects, we will virtually tour the Netherlands and learn all about this amazing country and its history.
Created from a two, highly contrasted colors of fingering weight yarn with lots of amazing mosaics, lace and beads you will have the choice of two different project sizes in three different shapes:
• Half Circle Shawl - 56”x28”
• Large Half Circle Shawl - 80”x40”
• 3/4 Circle Shawl - 66”x33”
• Large 3/4 Circle Shawl - 80”x40”
• Full Circle (Pi) Shawl or Baby Blanket - 70” diameter
• Large Full Circle (Pi) Shawl or Throw - 83” diameter
Once again our friends at Stunning String Studio are offering limited “Bollenstreek” MKAL yarn kits including yarn in your choice of over 105 amazing colors, complete with beads, stitch markers and more!
The clues will be spread out over 8 weeks with simple, non-stressful sections released each week. If you’ve never done a Mystery Knit Along before, you are in for a treat. Discovering the mystery along with your fellow knitters is the best.
The MKAL discussions will be in the Wild Prairie Knits group, so come and join us.
This pattern is knitCompanion® supported. What does that mean?
Skills: Each clue will be fully written out and charted. The stitches used are all pretty basic, so it is a relaxing knit, but with lots of detail to keep you interested. Basic knit increases and decreases (yo, k2tog, ssk) are included, but anything beyond that will be explained in detail as we go along. We will be offering a good introduction to beading and mosaic knitting (slipped stitches).
Yarn: Stunning String Stunning Superwash (100% Superwash Merino, 475 yds (434 m), 100 grams), 2-8 skeins.
• Half Circle (56”x28”) 2 skeins (1MC/1CC), or any fingering weight yarn, 950 yds (868 m), 200 g)
• Large Half Circle (80”x40”) 4 skeins (2MC/2CC), or any fingering weight yarn, 1900 yds (1736 m), 400 g)
• 3/4 Circle (66”x33”) 4 skeins (2MC/2CC), or any fingering weight yarn, 1900 yds (1736 m), 400 g)
• Large 3/4 Circle (80”x40”) 6 skeins (3MC/3CC), or any fingering weight yarn, 2850 yds (2604 m), 600 g)
• Full Circle (70” across) 6 skeins (3MC/3CC), or any fingering weight yarn, 2850 yds (2604 m), 600 g)
• Large Full Circle (83” across) 8 skeins (4MC/4CC), or any fingering weight yarn, 3800 yds (3472 m), 800 g)
Recommendations: Pattern was written for highly contrasted (one light, one dark) kettle dyed yarns.
Needles: US 6 (4.0 mm) 40” - 60” (100-150 cm) circular needle, or size required to obtain gauge.
Other: Stitch Markers
Optional: 6/0 Seed Beads and tool to apply bead: crochet hook, Super Floss or a beading tool. Beads will sit on both MC & CC. Half Circle: 400, Large Half Circle: 600, 3/4 Circle: 700, Large 3/4 Circle: 900, Full Circle: 1050, Large Full Circle: 1200 beads.