Starting October 1st we will begin our fourth WPKnits Club Mystery Knit Along for 2016. As we knit our projects, we will virtually tour Germany and learn all about this amazing country’s history, food and people.
Our crescent shawls will be created from one colors of worsted weight yarn with some hearty lace. Pattern includes three different project sizes:
• Small Crescent - 44” wide x 22” tall
• Medium Crescent - 60” wide x 26” tall
• Large Crescent - 72” wide x 30” tall
Pattern is fully charted and written.
The clues will be spread out over 4 weeks with simple, non-stressful sections released each week. If you’ve never done a Mystery Knit Along before, you are in for a treat. Discovering the mystery along with your fellow knitters is the best.
The MKAL discussions will be in the Wild Prairie Knits group, so come and join us.
This pattern is knitCompanion® supported. What does that mean?
Skills: Each clue will be fully written out and charted. The stitches used are all pretty basic, so it is a relaxing knit, but with lots of detail to keep you interested. Basic knit increases and decreases (yo, k2tog, ssk, slipped stitches) are included, but anything beyond that will be explained in detail as we go along.
Yarn: Stunning String Legacy Worsted, 2-4 skeins.
• Small Crescent (21”x50”) 2 skeins), or any worsted weight yarn, 430 yds (393 m), 200 g)
• Medium Crescent (25”x70”) 3 skeins), or any worsted weight yarn, 645 yds (590 m), 300 g)
• Large Crescent (30”x90”) 4 skeins, or any worsted weight yarn, 860 yds (786 m), 400 g)
Recommendations: Pattern was written for tonal kettle dyed yarns. Highly variegated, gradient or “busy” yarns are not suggested.
Needles: US 8 (5.0 mm) 32” - 47” (80-120 cm) circular needle]6, or size required to obtain gauge.
Other: Stitch Markers