Welcome! You are browsing as a guestWould you like to see 8 projects made from this pattern and much more? join Ravelry now What am I missing?
Chopin Cabled Handwarmers
- In anticipation of autumn (and holiday gift-giving) I designed some easy cabled handwarmers. (With instructions for mittens, too!)
- This pattern is available also in my eBook, Knitting Like a Professor.
- The eBook ($16), includes 15 patterns. Read more about the eBook on my blog, knittyprofessors.com.
- I’ve named these mitts “Chopin,” after the Polish composer Frederic Chopin. His instrument was piano, and he was sickly most of his life. These would have kept him warm in his drafty apartment in Paris while keeping his fingers free to play Mazurkas and Nocturnes.
- This is a great project to practice some new skills: working in the round—on two circulars; cables; shaping a thumb. But I promise, this is EASY.
Cable Round 5 should read as follows (changes in bold): p2/k2, p2/k4, p2, k4, C8B, p2, k to end of round.