This stockinette stitch mitten is yet another wardrobe staple for anyone in the family. Mittens are always a win: younger children don’t have to struggle to fit into each separte glove finger, while older kids love wearing mittens over their gloves for a snowball fight.
- Intermediate difficulty – Knit, purl, working in the round, simple increases and decreases.
- Finished hand circumference 5¾ (6½, 7¼) in / 14.5 (16.5, 18.5) cm. Shown in size 5¾ in.
- To fit approx age 4–5 (6–9, 10–12) years old.
- MATERIALS AND NOTIONS 1 skein of Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Worsted (100% superwash merino wool; 225yds/206m per 100g skein); Cranberry. US #4 (3.5mm) set of dpns. US #5 (3.75mm) set of dpns. Adjust needle size as needed to obtain correct gauge. Stitch markers; yarn needle.
- GAUGE 22 sts and 29 rnds = 4 in / 10cm in St st on larger needles.