Darling Baby Scratch Mitts
One day, for fun, I decided to combine lace, ruffles, a texture pattern and bobbles all in a single pattern…and it worked! The result is an adorable little set which will keep a baby’s extremities warm, while looking making them look absolutely darling at the same time. You can make a matching bonnet and booties in addition to these scratch mitts.
Knit Now Issue 31 goes on sale in supermarkets, newsagents and craft stores across the UK and worldwide from our webstore on 6th February 2014.
- knitting and purling
- working small circumferences in the round (i.e. DPNs, magic loop, or 2-circular methods)
- increasing and decreasing
- chart reading
- (optional; just makes the bobbles easier) knitting backwards
- 0-6 months: finished wrist circumference 7cm (unstretched), hand circumference 33cm, total height 11cm
- 6-12 months: finished wrist circumference 9.5cm (unstretched), hand circumference 33cm, total height 14cm
- 0-6 months: about 56 yards
- 6-12 months: about 80 yards
Other materials needed
(optional) two 44.5cm lengths of ribbon approximately 6mm wide