Availability note: Petite Purls went offline at the beginning of 2015. I am planning to re-release this tam pattern as part of a set; in the meantime, I’ve noticed that it’s still available at archive.org (see link in these pattern notes).
Kids always seem to be so delighted by butterflies – now they can have them dancing about their heads whenever they like!
- baby: to fit head circumference of 14”, finished brim 12.25”, tam circumference 20”
- toddler: to fit head circumference of 16”, finished brim 14.25”, tam circumference 22.5”
- small child: to fit head circumference of 18”, finished brim 16”, tam circumference 26”
- large child: to fit head circumference of 20”, finished brim 17.5”, tam, circumference 28”
- young adult: to fit head circumference of 22”, finished brim 19”, tam circumference 31.75”
An entire ball of each colour is not necessary; the largest size requires only about 160 yards of the main colour and 105 of the contrast colour.
Other Equipment Needed
Stitch marker, or whatever else you use to mark the beginning of rounds.