Fun With Triangles Hat
This select pattern is included in the Indie Design Gift-A-Long! You are invited join us at http://www.ravelry.com/groups/indie-design-gift-a-long to participate. There will be hundreds of prizes, beautiful projects, access to your favorite Indie Designers, and heaps of friendly, giftie chatter.
This hat will put even the smallest amounts of your stash yarn to good use. The triangles are quick and fun to knit and there are no seams to sew!
Skills Used: knitting, purling, decreasing, increasing, picking up stitches, knitted cast on (explained), i-cord (explained), binding off.
Sizes:To fit small child (medium child, teen/adult) with approximate head circumferences of 18 (20, 22) in/
45.5 (50.5, 56) cm
Finished circumference = 16 (18, 20) in/ 40.5 (45.5, 50.5) cm
Finished length to top of crown = 6 ½ (7 ¼, 8 ¼) in/ 16.5 (18.5, 21) cm
Gauge 5 stitches per inch over stockinette stitch for crown.
After knitting first garter stitch triangle, check that it matches schematic measurements.
• 1 (1, 1 ¼) oz/ 29 (29, 36) grams, approx.
63 (63, 79 yds/ 58 (58, 72) meters of light worsted weight yarn in main color
• A total of 1 oz/ 29g, approx. 63yds/ 58meters of light worsted weight yarn in various contrasting colors for triangles.
Samples shown used 0.1 oz or less per triangle in all sizes. Yarns used included Plymouth Galway, Valley Yarns Northampton, Paton’s Classic Wool, Ella Rae Classic, and Nashua Handknits Julia.
• US #6 /4.25mm straight needles
• US #6 / 4.25mm 16 in/ 40 cm circular needle
• One set of US # 6/ 4.25mm double points
Or size needles needed to obtain gauge
• Large eyed tapestry needle
• Scrap yarn to hold stitches
• One clip-on style stitch marker
As always, the pattern has been professionally tech edited, and thoroughly test knit, to be clear and free of errors.