Grizzly is a two-tone vest knit all in one piece with bulky-weight yarn, featuring a large cowl neck and longer back hem.
The construction is all in one piece! You start at the bottom of the front hem and then knit up to the shoulders then down the back to the bottom hem. Stitches are picked up and worked to create the cowl neck, and after blocking the side stitches are picked up and seamed together using the three-needle bind off technique. Completely seamless!
Two different colors were used in this piece - color A for the front and color B starts at the very top of the front and then continues down the length of the back and it also used for the cowl neck (although one color can be used for the entire garment as well).
Grizzly is an easy knit and makes a great layering piece for the fall and winter months.
Sizes: XS (S, M, L, XL, 2X, 3X)
Shown in size S, being worn with approx. 4”/10 cm of positive ease. Choose a size that is approx. 2-4”/3-10 cm larger than your actual bust measurement, depending on the type of fit you would like.
Finished Circumference: 34.5 (37.5, 40, 42.5, 45.5, 48, 50.5)”/88 (95, 102, 108, 116, 122, 128) cm
Gauge: 12 sts & 21 rws = 4”/10 cm in Garter Stitch after blocking
Yarn: Bulky-weight yarn, shown in North Star by Berroco (92% Alpaca, 8% Nylon; 50g = 109 yds), broken out as follows:
- Approx. 186 (204, 218, 240, 260, 276, 294) yds of color A for front, shown in color Caribou, 2 (2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3) balls
- Approx. 308 (336, 362, 396, 428, 456, 484) yds of color B for cowl neck and back, shown in color Grizzly, 3 (3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5) balls
Needles and other supplies:
- 24”/61 cm circular knitting needle in size US 13/9 mm or size needed to obtain gauge
- Extra US 13/9 mm needle in 32”/81 cm length to use during 3 Needle BO technique, or size needed to obtain gauge
- 2 stitch markers
- 2 pieces of scrap yarn, approx. 20”/50 cm in length or 2 stitch holders
- Tapestry needle to weave in ends