This classic beanie can suit any child. Knit it in closely related colors (like those seen here) for a kid who doesn’t like fussy clothes. Knit it in wildly contrasting brights for the kid who loves to make a statement. Or try the child’s favorite sports team’s colors.
No matter how you slice it, you’ve got a classic garment that’s both easy to wear and a great introduction to colorwork.
- Intermediate difficulty – Knit, purl, colorwork, working in the round, simple decreases.
- Finished circumference 16 (17¼, 18¾, 20, 21¼) in / 40.5 (44, 47.5, 51, 54) cm. Shown in size 16 in (pale blue) and 17¼ in (navy).
- To fit head circumference 18 (19½, 21, 22, 23½) in / 45.5 (49, 53, 56, 59) cm.
- YARN 1 skein each of Blue Sky Alpacas Sport Weight #533 dark blue & #508 grey. 1 skein of Blue Sky Alpacas Melange #800 light blue.
- NEEDLES AND NOTIONS US #2½ (3mm) short circular needles or a set of dpns. US #4 (3.5mm) short circular needles or a set of dpns. Stitch markers and yarn needle.
- GAUGE 24 sts and 32 rnds = 4 in / 10cm in St st.