The old-fashioned look of gingham is given a fresh new feel in these lovely wristwarmers. The top and bottom are exact reverse images of each other, and in fact, the wristwarmers can be flipped upside-down if you want the opposite colour on top – or wear one upside-down and one right-side up, whatever strikes your fancy! The bamboo yarn used to make the model wristwarmers shown here gives a fabric with a lovely softness, shimmer and drape, without being too hot; but any fibre will work nicely, depending on how cold you expect it to be!
Pattern gives instructions for three circumferences (small, medium, large) and two lengths (short, long), for a total of six sizes. Model shown is size long medium.
- short small: 5” length, 6” outer circumference
- long small: 7.25” length, 6” outer circumference
- short medium: 5.75” length, 7” outer circumference
- long medium: 8” length, 7” outer circumference
- short large: 5.75” length, 8” outer circumference
- long large: 8” length, 8” outer circumference
The fabric is fairly thick, so the inner circumference is approximately 0.75” smaller than the outer.
- short small: approximately 60 yards of each colour
- long small: approximately 80 yards of each colour
- short medium: approximately 82 yards of each colour
- long medium: approximately 110 yards of each colour
- short large: approximately 95 yards of each colour
- long large: approximately 125 yards of each colour
Other materials needed
stitch marker, or whatever you use to mark for beginning of rounds