Snowball Buddies are a super quick knit that use very little yardage so they are ideal for leftovers and stash busting. They would be perfect for hanging on your tree, topping gifts or giving as gifts, stocking stuffers, and kid or pet toys!
Materials & Tools
- Worsted Weight yarn
- MC - approx 20 - 30 yds
- CC - approx 10 yds of each contrast color
- Needle size will vary depending on the knitters tension. I recommend going down 1 - 2 sizes from the smallest needle size for the recommended gauge on the yarn label. For example: On a worsted weight yarn I use a US 5 or US 6.
- this project can be worked on DPN’s, 2 circs or a 40” circular for Magic Loop (my preferred method) just make sure to distribute your stitches evenly for working in the round
- tapestry needle (for weaving in ends)
- stitch marker (optional) for marking the beginning of round
- safety eyes & nose - I used 7.5 & 6mm eyes & 12mm noses on my samples purchased from seller 6060 on Etsy
- wool felt for owl eyes & beak
- embroidery floss or yarn scraps for hanging ornament
- buttons, beads, bells for embellishing (optional)
This design is a variation on a single theme. The instructions are for a sweater wearing mouse, a hat wearing owl & reindeer and a scarf wearing bunny, but please mix and match as you like!
Thank you & happy knitting!