the BOO! Crew
Would you like to conjure up some Halloween fun this year? You can with this easy, versatile pattern!
One body transforms into 6 adorable spookies simple by adding ears, wings or limbs and/or changing when you switch colors.
Pattern instruction for all 6 versions!
- Candy Cornelius, such a sweet guy
- Trixie & Treat adorable kitty twins
- Ozzie, crazy as a bat..cuz he is one!
- Don of the Dead, R.I.P.
- Bones, he’s a rib tickler
- Doctor Hoo! A wise, old time traveler
These lil’tricksters are sooper fast to knit up and only use a small amount of yardage. Perfect for stash busting or playing with those highly variegated yarns. Mix-n-Match for maximum, spooktacular fun and decorate your home to really get you in the Halloween spirit.
Materials & Tools
- any weight yarn - any color
- Needle size will vary depending on the yarn you use. I recommend going down 1 - 2 sizes from the smallest needle size for the recommended gauge on the yarn label. For example: On a worsted weight yarn I use a US 5 or US 6.
- this project can be worked on DPN’s, 2 circs or a 40” circular for Magic Loop (my preferred method), just make sure to distribute your stitches evenly for working in the round
- tapestry needle (for weaving in ends)
- stitch marker (for marking the beginning of round)
- safety eyes - I used 12mm on my samples, purchased from seller 6060 on etsy
- wool felt (for owl eyes & beak)
- scrap yarn for zombie mouth & stitches
You want a tight fabric when knitting toys/stuffies so the polyfil won’t poke through. I always go down 1 - 2 needle sizes from the smallest size recommended on the yarn label.
For a Worsted - I typically use a US 5 or US 6, DK - a 2 or 3 and for Fingering US 0 - 1
These are just suggestions and everyone knits differently, so just make sure you are getting a dense fabric. You want all that stuff’in to stay on the inside.