Pineland is an asymmetrical seamless vest, knit all in one piece. Front bands and armhole bands are worked as you knit, so there’s no picking up of stitches at the end. It features an easy lace rib stitch and the finished vest can be worn in a variety of ways. In the photographs here, a shawl pin is used to keep the vest closed and the collar is folded down. Buttons can also be attached to the garter band on the left front and the lace rib stitch on the right front can be used as buttonholes. The collar can also be worn up simply by placing the shawl pin or buttons closer to the neck. Since there is no need to plan in advance for buttonholes, you can wait until you have finished the vest and try it on to decide how you prefer to wear it.
Finished Bust: 33 (36.5, 39, 42, 46, 48.5, 52, 54.5)” / 84 (93, 99, 107, 117, 123, 132, 138.5) cm
(Choose a size that is approx. 2” larger than your actual bust measurement.)
Gauge: 18 sts & 26 rws = 4” in Stockinette stitch
Yarn: Approx. 710 (800, 885, 985, 1060, 1145, 1245, 1360) yds of worsted-weight yarn, shown in Lark by Quince & Co (100% wool; 50g = 134 yds), in colorway Honey, 6 (6, 7, 8, 8, 9, 10, 11) skeins.
Needles and other supplies:
- US 8 / 5 mm 32” / 81 cm circular knitting needle or size needed to obtain gauge
- Extra US 8 / 5 mm needle (or size needed to obtain gauge) to be used during three needle bind-off technique (can be a circular, DPN or straight needle)
- 6 stitch markers, 4 of one kind for sides (referred to as “side markers”), 2 of a different kind for front bands (referred to as “front markers”)
- 4 pieces of scrap yarn, approx 10” / 25 cm in length
- Tapestry needle to weave in ends
- Optional: shawl pin or buttons, depending on personal preference