SUNFLOWER KNITTING PATTERNS
I love having flowers around my house, and with this knitting pattern you can have bright and cheerful sunflowers in your home all year round. The flower has a bamboo skewer inside the knitted stalk, so it can stand up straight in pots or in your garden.
THE PATTERN INCLUDES: Row numbers for each step so you don’t lose your place, instructions for making the sunflower, photos, a list of abbreviations, a materials list and recommended yarns. The pattern is 3 pages and written in English.
TECHNIQUES: All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight knitting needles, apart from the stalk which is i-cord knitted on two DPNs. You will need to cast on and off, knit, increase, decrease, and sew pieces together.
YARN, NEEDLES & NOTIONS INCLUDE:
- A pair of straight 3.75mm knitting needles (US 5)
- Two 3.5mm DPNs (US 4) to knit the stalk
- Double knitting yarn (DK or light worsted weight) in yellow, green and brown; less than 25g each
- A small amount of toy filling (or some cotton wool) to pad the flower centre
- A bamboo skewer (or an old knitting needle) for the stalk
Copyright © 2015 Amanda Berry
All rights reserved
I have no objection if you wish to make these flowers to sell to raise funds for charity. However please do not reproduce or sell this pattern.