This is essentially a sampler of easy stranded, lace and texture patterns. Therefore, it’s a perfect project for enthusiastic beginners who want to try out these techniques. Don’t be intimidated!
Other buying options:
Each size looks a little bit different, so they’re pictured at left (in order from smallest to largest) so you can see how they’ll turn out. Length measurements given don’t include the straps.
- 3 months: finished chest: 15.5”/39.5cm, length 9.25”/23.5cm
- 6 months: finished chest 16”/40.5cm, length 10.25”/26cm
- 12 months: finished chest 17”/43cm, length 10.75”/27.5cm
- 18 months: finished chest 18”/46cm, length 12.75”/32.5cm
- 24 months: finished chest 19”/48cm, length 16”/40.5cm
Each ball of the main colour is assumed to contain 140 yards.
- 3 months: 2 balls of main colour, approx. 20 yards of contrast colour
- 6 months: 2 balls of main colour, approx. 20 yards of contrast colour
- 12 months: 2 balls of main colour, approx. 25 yards of contrast colour
- 18 months: 2 balls of main colour (although if you tend to use up more yarn than the average knitter, get 3 just to be safe), approx. 30 yards of contrast colour
- 24 months: 3 balls of main colour, approx. 65 yards of contrast colour
Other materials needed
- stitch marker
- 3”/8cm of ribbon about 0.25”/0.5cm wide; or 43”/109cm of ribbon if you’re using ribbons for the straps instead of knitting i-cord
- (optional) 1 USG/US6/4mm crochet hook if you are crocheting chains for the straps instead of knitting i-cord
Note from the designer: This pattern was originally in the April 2008 issue of MagKnits, which went offline shortly after publication. It was free for a limited time (about as long as it would have been ‘featured’ in the magazine), and is now available at a discounted price.
2009-09-10: New version of PDF uploaded; all changes are essentially cosmetic.