Voodoo you love me?
Love STINKS yeah! yeah! - or - All we need is LOVE?
Knit this cute lil’voodoo doll for the one you love or the one you love to hate
Note about the pattern:
Worked entirely in the round, you will begin at the bottom/base of the body and then up through the neck & head, stuffing as you go and closing at the top. All four limbs are worked in the round as well… from the hand/foot to the arm/leg and then attached to the body with the tail from the cast off.
- cast on
- k2tog - knit 2 sts together
- bind off sts
- kfb - knit through the front & back of the stitch
Materials & Tools
- Worsted Weight yarn or yarn of your choice - approx 90 - 100 yards
- Needle size will vary depending on the yarn you use. On worsted weight yarn I use a US 5 or US 6. I suggest going down 1 - 2 sizes from the smallest needle size for the recommended gauge on the yarn label.
- this project can be worked on DPN’s, 2 circs or a 40” circular for Magic Loop (my preferred method), just make sure to distribute your stitches evenly for working in the round
- tapestry needle (for weaving in ends)
- sewing needle - if adding stitches to the heart
- wool felt (small piece for heart)
- fabric glue
- stitch marker(s) (for marking the beginning of round & front side of knitting)
- safety eyes OR craft eyes OR buttons
- embroidery floss or yarn scraps for X eye, mouth and heart stitches
- pins for bad juju (optional)
You want a tight fabric when knitting toys so the polyfil won’t poke through. I always go down 1 - 2 needle sizes from the smallest size recommended on the yarn label. I typically use a US 5 or 6 for Worsted, US 2 or 3 for DK & US 0 or 1 for Fingering. These are only suggestions and everyone knits differently, so as long as you are getting a dense fabric, you‘re good.
Happy knitting & creating!
~Susan aka NoKnitSherlock ♥