Variegated yarn seems to work so well with a simple garter stitch, highlighting the directionality of the knit piece. The main part of the scarf is worked straight up with a chevron stitch all along and is finished by working a strip of garter set against the scarf’s length.
- DIFFICULTY Intermediate – Knitting, purling, short rows, simple increases and decreases.
- SIZES Finished length 54 in / 137 cm. Finished width 5 in / 12.5 cm.
- YARN Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Worsted Multi (100% wool; 100 g / 225 yds / 206 m), colour #901 Baltic Sea; 2 skeins. Substitute with approximately 550 yds / 412 m of worsted weight yarn.
- GAUGE 15 sts and 32 rows = 4 in / 10 cm in garter stitch measured on diagonal, blocked.
- NEEDLES AND NOTIONS Size 4 mm (US 6) long circular needle. Adjust needle size as necessary to obtain the correct gauge. Stitch markers and yarn needle.