callisto glove & fingerless mitt
5 for 4 – If you buy any 5 Åsa Tricosa patterns at the same time you get the least expensive one for free.
c a l l i s t o
The updated pattern (February 2015) now includes instructions for Callisto Fingerless Mitt.
- The main pattern is a twisted 2 x 1-rib, which makes for nice, cushy warmth
- You can use any fingering-weight yarn and adjust needle sizes accordingly
- The colour work is done in slip-stitch, so you only work one colour at a time – but could be worked as stranded colourwork if you like that better
- I love the striped finger. Love.
- I am grateful that probablyjane shared her technique for avoiding ladders if you insist on working on dpns ;), “make sure that the dpn you are knitting from is in front of the preceding one and that the second rather than the first stitch is pulled tight” -- presto!
- Gloves and mitts can be worked with Magic Loop, on two circulars, or on DPNs.
To find out what’s up my knitted sleeve, you may sign up for the occasional Åsa Tricosa Newsletter here.