mio glove & mitt
5 for 4 – If you buy any 5 Åsa Tricosa patterns at the same time you get the least expensive one for free
Mio is a funky little glove – or fingerless mitt with squiggly cable that snakes its way up the hand inside a purled panel. The cable can be worked in a contrasting colour or not, worked on just one glove, or omitted altogether for a more basic glove or mitt. But I’d keep it… it’s fun!
- Three sizes
- Charted and detailed written instructions
- A cable needle is not necessary for the squiggly cable (see link below)
- The pattern is bottom up only (though the purple Wollmeise gloves are hybrids, where thumbs and hands were knitted top down, and the fingers bottom up)
- Choose a plain rolled edge or a ruffle for the mitt
- Lovers of symmetry will appreciate that the Left Glove squiggle is mirrored on the Right Glove
Lovers of symmetry will also want to knit the squiggle on both ring fingers.
Some of my own pairs feature the ring finger cable on only one hand.
This could be a thoughtful gift for someone who has trouble with left and right…
Approx yarn requirements
4ply: 200 m (220 yds)
Sport: 300 m (330 yds)
40 m (45 yds) of CC
Gloves & Mitts in photos
Red & Yellow: Wollmeise Blend (Herzblut & Good Morning)
Purple & Green: Wollmeise Blend (Meilenstein & Grünfink)
Grey & Green: Outlaw Bohemia Sport (Arsenic & Absinthe)
Olive & Wine: Malabrigo Sock (Turner & Botticelli)
Green & Dark Purple: Wollmeise Blend (Grünfink & Amethyst Dunkel)
Note: The squiggly thumb cable for the top down purple glove doesn’t exactly adhere to the pattern – I went a little off-piste and decided to move the cable on only every alt round to begin with and later on every round. On one of the thumbs.The other is different again.